Garlic Yucca Mash
Recipe type: Side
What you’ll need:
- 6 cups water
- 1 lb. yuca root, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 1/2 tsp. adobo seasoning
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. pink Himalayan salt
- 2 Tbsp. vegan butter
- 1/2 tsp. coarse black pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
How to make it
- In large pot, bring the water to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Add the yuca and adobo and cook for about 20 minutes, or until completely tender.
- Drain, but keep 0.5 cup of the water.
- Transfer the yuca to a cutting board and carefully halve pieces lengthwise. Remove the stringy insides.
- In a large bowl, mash the yuca add in the left over water as needed, 1 tablespoonful of olive oil, the pink Himalayan salt, vegan butter, and black pepper and mix to desired consistency.
- Place in a serving bowl and cover with foil to keep warm.Use the remaining olive oil to sauté onions and garlic then mix into the mashed yucca.