Recipe type: Breakfast
What you’ll need:
- 8 ounces extra-firm tofu crumbled
- 1-2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 green onion minced
- 1/2 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 cups kale, loosely chopped
- 1/2 tsp Pink Himalayan salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1-2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- vegetable broth to thin spices
How to make it:
- Removed excess water from tofu, pat dry and wrap in a kitchen town to press. (To save time, do it the night before) Crumble into bite-size pieces once dried.
- Add all dry spices to a small bowl, mix then separate half of the dry spices and set aside. Add 1-2 tablespoons of vegetable broth to create a marinade.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, at 1 tbsp olive oil and the onion, garlic, shallots, green onion, season with salt and pepper then mix in kale. Cook until fragrant. (cover skillet to steam kale.)
- Add crumbled tofu, sautee then add sauce.
- Mix all vegetables together with tofu, allow to cool then serve.