Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal
Recipe type: Breakfast
What you’ll need:
- 1/2 large very ripe banana, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tbsp natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/2-1 tsp chia seed (or ground flax)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- agave nectar to taste
How to make it:
- In a medium-sized pot over medium heat,caramelizee banana in oil for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir in 1/2 tbsp peanut butter, and add the oats, chia, coconut milk and, spices. Mix well.
- Bring to a low boil and then reduce heat to a simmer, stirring often as needed. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Top with additional peanut butter, banana or sliced nuts. Sweeten with agave nectar to taste.